Thursday, July 3, 2008

Happy Independence Day Eve!

Wow is it really July? Freaks me out! So far this holiday weekend is awesome! I got off work at noon (thanks Boss-Man!) and went directly to Road Princess's house. We ran off to have some Chinese food at Panda Express (okay not the epitome of authentic Chinese cuisine, but quick, good and no eyeballs or nothin weird in it). I'm weird about Chinese food - I don't like a lot of odd veggies. Like, the other day I went to a drive-thru Chinese restaurant and got Mongolian Beef which I really wanted to get from Bo Ling's but I was too lazy to park the car and walk all that way and I was about late to get back to work. For some reason I am always optimistic about drive-thru Chinese. I have yet to get something edible from any of the many drive-thru Chinese restaurants, but I perservere. I was encouraged by the large crowd of people there. Trust me, it was SO NOT WORTH IT. Horrible! First of all, I loathe bamboo shoots - hey I am not Yule Gibbons and I don't eat bark. I mean, seriously, we don't have to eat stuff like that for real anymore so why bother? Like, I would never eat a barbequed squirrel unless I was like starving and that's all I could get and well I probably wouldn't because I would be all grossed out from skinning the squirrel. Anyway! I get this purported Mongolian Beef back to the office and open it up and seriously, there was approximately one cup of bamboo shoots in the mess. I know this because I picked every single one out, trying to find something edible. I also picked out the horrible chunks of onion. Now when it comes to onions, I am not a hater. Onions and I are friends. But really, does it have to be a big chunk? You know, have some pride in a job well done! Just because you're a big loser working in a big loser yucky Chinese drive-thru restaurant, can't you bloom where you're planted and cut the stuff small like God intended it to be? Sigh. So where was I going with this?

Oh yeah, my day! Road Princess and I tried to hook up her sporty new router and failed. So instead we went outside on the porch and talked and enjoyed the day. On the way back I not only found Archiver's by myself (I didn't want to be an enabler and it was a whim when I left her house) but then topped it off by a small side-trip to Urban Arts & Crafts. I think I will have to go back on my slimming hot dog and boloney diet now till next payday. You didn't know Cheeka's secret to a beautiful curvaceous body, did you? Hot dogs and boloney. Seriously. Ice cream helps too, if you can afford it. Also lunch many times is Cheetos and an ice cream cone - wonderful stuff!

More ATCs follow - these are for the Recycle It swap on (guess where - duh) http://www.atcsforall.com. Take an old greeting card, postcard, calendar, whatever and make it into a brand-spanking new ATC. I am getting caught up on my swaps! Next up is Holy Cats! I will try to work on those tonight.





Shoes ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~* Sing Praise


Recalcitrant Mermaid ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~* Butterfly Dreams


Why Santa Chose Elves series:


Dwarfs ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~* Gnomes



Flying Monkeys ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ Trolls

Happy almost Fourth-of-July! Till next time, Cheeka.

No comments: